Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rummageus Saleus Volunteerius

It has come to my attention over the past few days that a genus exists called Rummageus Saleus Volunteerius. Within this family are varieties of species into which most rummage sale volunteers fall. Which one are you?

There's the Alice who doesn't know quite what she's let herself in for; the Percy Jackson who's lightning fast. Hercules who wants the heavy, manly stuff and the Edward from Twilight who wants all that but to show his sensitive side too - by displaying Housewares.

The Tortoise is slow, steady and achieves great things; the Hermione who's smart and knows what she's doing. The Julia is indomitable, proprietary and great at what she does while the Jonas is only interested in good, clean fun (they're put on Bake Sale.)

Then there's the Mad Hatter who's overwhelmed and not making much progress; the Not-On-Your-Nellie - they come as far as the door. And if you want to know what I am, let's just say, I could use some help in Toys.

Many thanks to Betsy for her inspiration; she knows which one she is ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I think I have been all of those, at one point or another, over the last few days!!! (Or, is it weeks? Months?) Tonight, I was the slow & steady Tortoise. Who knows who I will be tomorrow!?

    ReplyDelete